1D/2D Modeling with HEC-RAS 6.4.1 Version
Fall Professional Development Course
Our next webinar series is scheduled to begin on October 11th and end on November 15th. This intensive 6-week online course will instruct students on using HEC-RAS 6.4.1 for two-dimensional (2D) and combined one-dimensional and two-dimensional (1D/2D) hydraulic modeling and is led by Chris Goodell and Ben Cary. Chris’s blog, The RAS Solution, is the go-to for engineers and water resource professionals.
- One 4-hour LIVE webinar per week for six weeks
- Workshop exercises at your own pace in between sessions with consolidated collaboration and discussion on a central platform
- Throughout the course, the instructors will be available to students regarding post-lecture or workshop questions
- At the conclusion of the 6-week course, each attendee will be able to reserve up to 1 hour of consultation with an instructor to discuss specific project-related questions or additional topics
- We will introduce 6.2 topics, including 2D bridges, spatial precipitation & infiltration, wind forces, the new 1D finite volume solver, new terrain modification tools, and dam/levee breach modeling.
- The cost is $1295 per person. If you register a group of 3 or more, the rate is discounted to $1195 per person.
- Prerequisites: Attendees will be expected to have 1D unsteady flow HEC-RAS experience
Course workshops will take place between weekly live sessions, including Creating a 2D Model, 1D/2D Channel and Flood Plain Modeling, River Restoration, Dam Breach Analysis, and Levee Breach. These will be supplemented with lectures covering the knowledge and skills needed to use RAS Mapper and to perform 2D and combined 1D/2D modeling in HEC-RAS.
“Looking forward to another 1D/2D HEC-RAS Online training course,” said Chris Goodell, Principal Consultant. “Ben and I have a great time with this and hope you’ll be able to join us for some HEC-RAS training this fall.”
“Absolutely recommend this course to anyone using HEC-RAS for 1D/2D and 2D modeling. The level of experience, knowledge, and professionalism demonstrated by Chris and Ben and the Kleinschmidt course support team was top-notch. This is by far one of the best courses I have had the opportunity to attend. The most valuable pieces of information or concepts I walked away with is literally all of it…. the whole course! The quality and value of this course far exceed the tuition cost.” – Jessica, Course Participant, October 2022.
We look forward to providing this training and meeting you all online.
Chris Goodell and Ben Cary will lead this course. Chris’s blog, The RAS Solution, is the go-to for engineers and water resource professionals. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out their new Full Momentum Vodcast https://www.kleinschmidtgroup.com/full-momentum-vodcast/.