1D-2D Modeling with HEC-RAS NEW 6.0 Version
Spring Professional Development Course
Our next webinar series is scheduled for May 12th – June 16th. Registration is now open!
- One 4 hour LIVE webinar per week for 6 weeks
- Workshop exercises at your own pace in between sessions with consolidated collaboration and discussion on a central platform
- Throughout the course the instructors will be available to students regarding post-lecture or workshop questions
- At the conclusion of the 6 week course, each attendee will be able to reserve up to 1 hour of consultation with an instructor to discuss specific
project related questions or additional topics
- We will introduce 6.0 topics including: 2D bridges, spatial precipitation & infiltration, wind forces, the new 1D finite volume solver, new terrain. And we will include a workshop on modeling 2D Bridges.
- Cost is $995 per person. If you register a group of 3 or more the rate is discounted to $895 per person.
Contact us for the discount code at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prerequisites: Attendees will be expected to have 1D unsteady flow HEC-RAS experience
A short video to learn more can be viewed here.
Please note: This is our standard intensive 6-week online course which instructs students on the use of HEC-RAS for two-dimensional (2D) and combined one-dimensional and two dimensional (1D/2D) hydraulic modeling. While we will be introducing some of the new 6.0 features, those new features are not the primary focus of this class.
This webinar series will be led by Chris Goodell and Ben Cary. Chris’s blog, The RAS Solution, is the go-to for engineers and water resource professionals. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Check out their new Full Momentum Vodcast https://www.kleinschmidtgroup.com/full-momentum-vodcast/.
Course workshops will take place in between weekly live sessions and will include Creating a 2D Model, 1D/2D Channel and Flood Plain Modeling, River Restoration, Dam Breach Analysis, and Levee Breach. These will be supplemented with lectures on topics that cover the necessary knowledge and skills needed to use RAS Mapper and to perform 2D and combined 1D/2D modeling in HEC-RAS.
“Very technical and practical, packed with a lot of information and some clever tricks to get HEC-RAS model running. Chris is very thorough, and an expert in this area. Very good workshops that enhance everything you learn in this training”, Course Participant, Atlanta Workshop 2019.
“We are so excited to be able to offer an online version of our very popular 1D/2D Modeling with HEC-RAS course. Removing the cost issues with traveling to a professional development course opens the door to provide this valuable training to anyone anywhere. There are a lot of HEC-RAS users around the world and this online course will give them access to high quality training too!”, says Chris Goodell, Principal Consultant of Hydraulics & Hydrology, Kleinschmidt Associates.
We look forward to providing this training and meeting you all in this online format. You can learn more by visiting here.
Kleinschmidt Associates performs engineering, regulatory and environmental consulting for North American energy companies and governmental agencies who strive to protect and enhance the natural environment without compromising performance. We work at the intersection of regulatory requirements, environmental science, and engineering solutions to achieve our client’s objectives.
For over half a century, Kleinschmidt has continually delivered new ideas that offer practical solutions to tough problems and sensitive issues. Our goal is to bring energy, water, and the environment into balance so future generations will thrive. For more information, visit kleinschmidtgroup.com.