1D/2D Modeling with HEC-RAS NEW 6.0 Version
Winter Professional Development Course
Our next webinar series is scheduled to begin on February 23 and end on March 30th. Registration is now open! This intensive 6-week online course will instruct students on the use of HEC-RAS 6.0 for two-dimensional (2D) and combined one-dimensional and two-dimensional (1D/2D) hydraulic modeling and is led by Chris Goodell and Ben Cary. Chris’s blog, The RAS Solution, is the go-to for engineers and water resource professionals.
- One 4 hour LIVE webinar per week for 6 weeks
- Workshop exercises at your own pace in between sessions with consolidated collaboration and discussion on a central platform
- Throughout the course, the instructors will be available to students regarding post-lecture or workshop questions
- At the conclusion of the 6-week course, each attendee will be able to reserve up to 1 hour of consultation with an instructor to discuss specific
project-related questions or additional topics
- Topics will include: 2D bridges, spatial precipitation & infiltration, the new 1D finite volume solver, new terrain modification tools, and a workshop on modeling 2D Bridges.
- The cost is $995 per person. If you register a group of 3 or more the rate is discounted to $895 per person.
Contact us for the discount code at email@example.com
- Prerequisites: Attendees will be expected to have 1D unsteady flow HEC-RAS experience
Course workshops will take place in between weekly live sessions and will include Creating a 2D Model, 1D/2D Channel and Flood Plain Modeling, River Restoration, Dam Breach Analysis, and Levee Breach. These will be supplemented with lectures on topics that cover the necessary knowledge and skills needed to use RAS Mapper and to perform 2D and combined 1D/2D modeling in HEC-RAS.
“We are so excited to be able to offer an online version of our 1D/2D Modeling with HEC-RAS course. The popularity of this course over the last year is in part due to the content we provide all of the attendees, but also because of the fun and relaxed atmosphere Ben and I bring to each of the live sessions, “says Chris Goodell, Principal Consultant of Hydraulics & Hydrology, Kleinschmidt Associates, “Our former students really love the time between live sessions that they get to use for working on the HEC-RAS exercises. It allows them to work at their pace but also to have a lot of time for collaboration with Ben and me and the other students during the week. It’s exciting that this online course has reached HEC-RAS users from all corners of the globe, making it a truly international event.”
“Our 1D/2D Modeling with HEC-RAS online course provides attendees with high-quality training that is spread out over the course of 6 weeks as opposed to a more traditional 2 or 3-day course. Previous attendees have noted that the longer duration, less concentrated course curriculum results in greater retention of the course material”, says Ben Cary, Hydraulic Engineer, Kleinschmidt Associates, “This along with the integration of the new HEC-RAS version 6.0 software has resulted in a cutting edge, accessible, and, quality training course for engineers, scientists, and students alike!”
We look forward to providing this training and meeting you all in this online format.
Kleinschmidt Associates performs engineering, regulatory and environmental consulting for North American energy companies and government agencies who strive to protect and enhance the natural environment without compromising performance. We work at the intersection of regulatory requirements, environmental science, and engineering solutions to achieve our client’s objectives.
For over half a century, Kleinschmidt has continually delivered new ideas that offer practical solutions to tough problems and sensitive issues. Our goal is to bring energy, water, and the environment into balance so future generations will thrive. For more information, visit kleinschmidtgroup.com.